Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Graff Inc Artist Prints Release Party


On Saturday, May 6th, Graff Inc Trades will host our first ever show. This show will feature three world class artists, live painting, collectables and a unique venue for Floridians to experience graffiti culture. 

In this day and age; graffiti enthusiasts tend to interact with the art form on their phone rather than appreciating it in person. For the past three years; we have scoured our think tank to bring forth something new to the graffiti experience. On May 6th, we will make available a limited run of prints from the artists featured in our show. The three artists featured will be PER, JABER and ESKAE. 

Each print is a ¼ inch thick metallic collectible. Similar to a baseball card. There are three different prints for each artist featured in this particular show which means one could either collect each card or trade for another featured artist. 

[Our event is located at 405 NE 8th street in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  It is in the center of their MASS Art District off of US1 and a short drive from I-95 by heading East on Sunrise BLVD. Once you get to the Sears plaza, just make the U-turn on to US1 Federal HWY. Go only two blocks and make a right onto NE 8th street and the event will be on your right.]

We went with this approach because it puts graffiti in the hand of our consumer without diluting the artform as something less valuable or important. Printing each set on a high quality surface ensures the product's longevity as well as conveying how much we value the work of each artist. This is a collectable that one can frame or enjoy many years down the line because it brings the artform literally into the palm of your hand. 

PER (FX), brings with him so much rich and colorful New York City history. When graffiti transitioned from the train era to the mural movement; PER was not only there--he pioneered the evolution of our culture. He was unquestionably a part of the wide-reach graffiti grew to have--even if some people did not know it was his work they were appreciating. PER was there. Before the paint technologies and pretty caps--PER was painting walls with his crewmates back in the day that people could not replicate today with projectors and artsy paint.  

That is why we had to get PER in on this show. When we compiled our list of possible artists for this specific show--we knew we needed a unique New York writer who has a standing historically and artistically that still burns to this day--and that is why PER is representing New York City in this upcoming show. 

We also understood that the Midwest and Western region should be represented. Jaber was a natural choice given his longevity and how far his work has reached. From throws to burners, Jaber kills it from permission spots to freights. 

Being based in Florida; getting ESKAE involved on this show was a no-brainer. His work is always clean and crisp. Our staff and anyone familiar with the scene here has taken note of his work. You could be driving down the highway and spot his pieces on the overpass--or navigating swamp infested areas and pass a burner on a water-tower. ESKAE is becoming synonymous with the scene here and that is why his work is featured in this show. The last few years is when his notoriety has skyrocketed but he remains a down-to-earth, approachable dude who has been putting in the same work for years.      

We have curated the event to be an atmosphere full of beautiful artwork--including live painting by our three featured artists, good vibes and most importantly a scene where everyone is approachable. For those of you who are coming to this event as your first graffiti showcase; sometimes, it can seem that the artists are out of reach for the average show attendee. In this venue, we chose a more close-knit and interactive setting where we can all engage with each-other. That will lead to more books being signed, possibly collectibles getting exchanged and more importantly a rare opportunity of getting to know the artists personally. The artists that we have secured have not always made themselves available to the general public--making this event all the more invaluable.    

Here is what some of the artists had to say about the event:

JABER--"It is nice to know some of my work will be around after I am long gone. That is in it’s own right; the reason we create as artists. 

I think these pieces capture a little of what graffiti feels like. I mean that in the literal sense of having graffiti given into a handheld collectible and also figuratively because at the end of the day they are still viewing something that only I experienced as the artist.



If I had my way; all of my photos would be printed on metal and I would cover the great wall of china with tiles of metal images. just so I know my body of work is immense.

I met Todd in person at Art Basel, I was doing an art show out of a haul truck because all the venues wanted ten grand for a gallery. He presented this idea of metal prints and I was on board. I didn't know if it would happen or not because when you meet people at events they say the best elevator pitches ever; give you a business card and disappear like a magic act. This project actually happened and now here we are--albeit three years later--we were finally about to see this come to fruition.

super hyped to be in a series with artists like Per and Eskae. If you follow the graffiti culture you will know why. If you don't then you’re gonna have to trust me when I say these artists have a huge and impressive body of work.


I am always grateful for my supporters who purchase my art because they are the reason I am able to do more trains, travel, do more shows and the whole gambit. Since these are a limited run it puts a special uniqueness on the pieces. I also feel most people have not seen my work in Spain, so it opens their eyes to a portion of my travels. Thanks to Graff Inc for putting this together. I know I am grateful and I hope the community is, too."

PER-- “Those who know me, know that I do not usually give interviews or participate in shows like this. However; this one is different because I got the sense that it was really in the best interests of the artists participating. 

For a long time; graffiti was not accessible to the general public. What I appreciate about this venue is that people will have access to the artists while we work. In my opinion; this is a venue that will build the community’s respect for our work. At the end of day, I am excited about this because I think people will see graffiti as a craft.”     

Come in person to hear what ESKAE has to say and have a good time. We look forward to connecting you with the culture that you love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment